Friday, March 26, 2010

Anthropologie at Ross Dress For Less??

I am a bargain hunter. The hierarchy of "discount stores" goes like this:
1. T J MAXX
2. Marshall's
23. Ross Dress for Less

Let me say this: I do not shop at Ross Dress for Less. This store is a pit of polyester and screaming babies. I have found great things in T J MAXX and Marshall's; but I stopped going into Ross sometime around the time I stopped thinking Express was the answer to all of my fashion needs. Which is why when I had 45 minutes in between appointments today and found myself wandering through a Ross today and found an ANTHROPOLOGIE dress I got dizzy. Anthropologie at ROSS for $24.99. 



I don't know the name of this dress, and I don't remember seeing it at Anthropologie ever, so I don't know how old it is. I know it was an Anthropologie dress because it was a "Maeve" brand label. The label was crossed out with a sharpie, but it was undeniably Maeve. The dress was an 8 and I am typically a 2 or 4, but I still tried it on. No dice. I almost wanted to buy it as evidence. I don't know who I would have needed to prove this to. But man how exciting! I scoured the racks looking for another one in my size, but had no luck. I would have thought this was a rogue mistake, but I also fond a VELVET brand dress on the rack (in my size! For $12.99), and this one I remember from an Anthropologie catalog-- I think it was the cummerbund dress from one of the summer of '09 catalogs. I stopped at another Ross on my way home, and there was no Anthropologie to be found. But, I have to say I now want to scour every Ross in my city. My dog found a bagel in my neighbors yard about a year ago (No idea why there was a bagel in her yard) and even a year later my dog insists on scoping he neighbors yard out everytime she's outside, finding that one bagel that one time has scarred her for life. She will always have to peek over in that yard looking for another one now. Salivating at that thought. That dog of mine and I have a whole new thing in common now.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow!! i remember when jcrew stuff was found at tjmaxx last summer, i went to every tjmaxx near me (but with no luck..). now anthro at ross?!? this is crazy! normally i get so dizzy in those stores, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! i always look for anthro at tj maxx and ross. you'd be surprised. most recently, i've been looking for the snakebite belt. ross is my least favorite, too. i like the shoes and kids section (b/c i have screaming babies), and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look but I've never actually found anything-- and I was under the impression they did not send their stuff to discount stores --

    I was lucky enough last year when J CREW was found at TJ MAXX to snag two pairs for J CREW shoes for 19.99 !!

    ReplyDelete